Monday, March 30, 2009

Motor Cycle sport in pictures....an interesting booklet to search out....

During the 1950s and 1960s the two main UK motorcycle magazines, the weeklies..."Motor Cycle" and "Motorcycling" were constantly endeavouring to outdo each other with additional publications...




This is one...
Titled "Motor Cycle sport in pictures", first published in 1951 and I really don't know if further editions followed, although I've a pretty extensive library and this is the only copy I recall.
Published for "The Motor Cycle" by Iliffe & Sons Ltd it contains some 64 pages of photographs of all facets of motorcycle sport at the time and I've selected several pages, following for you....
Where to get one...can't say I've looked on Ebay and for sure I've never seen it , well in the last 15 years on the postal book auction I subscribe to...Motor Book Postal Auctions.
The copyright would now be owned by Mortons Motorcycle Media in the UK to whom I acknowledge for featuring it.
Price would likely be over 15 quid.....
I have others that I intend to feature over coming blogs...the hard part about building a library today is knowing what to look for.
I hope by featuring some, you will have a better insight...good hunting/browing whatever....
Left click on images to enlarge....






































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a copy of this book! "Motorcycle Sport in Pictures". I am a motorcycle enthusiast and would love to know more about this awesome little book. My grandfather gave me this book and it's become a treasure to me. If anyone has some info on this publishing or it's value it would be appreciated.

Thank you,
a moto fan