Sunday, October 30, 2011

Some more Pen and Ink drawings and perhaps a cartoon from the motorcycling weeklies over the years.....

I've used these words before...
If you follow my blog you'll know I'm partial to the pen and ink drawings and cartoons from the Motorcycle and Motoring Press over the years...especially from the UK....
I keep a folder titled "Fillin Drawings" that I use when I edit the Australian Velocette OC magazine FTDU...Fish Tail Down Under....
So off we go for a look through some of them...and apologies if I've used them before in my blog...
Left click on the images to enlarge them...
1937 Works Velocette 500 racer...


Velocette invoice logo....


Note the zipper at the rear to allow access to the rubber air bladder inside...


Taper roller bearings in a girder forked machine brake....






Nov.1938 miller 8" headlamp assembly


Feb. 1926 Velocette KSS cylinder head and OHC cambox...
Cross rotary valve.....
1932...new Velocette 4 speed gearbox.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These drawings are very beautiful and look great with the black background of your blog. The cartoons are so appropriate...