Sunday, November 27, 2011

More early motorcycling photos...bought for me over the years by my late aunt Flo....and some more from Harry Beanhams album of his travels in 1920's in Victoria and Southern NSW, Australia.

In my last posting I mentioned my late Auntie Flo,  was always on the lookout for little treasures to give my sister and I...
With my interest in motorcycling she often came across small photos in antique shops...

Real early stuff from the 1910 to 1920 period and all UK stuff....
They carry a sticker, "Demaus Transport Photographics, Stagbatch Farm, Monkland, Leominster, Herts, HR6 9DA"..
Either way I acknowledge their involvement, but for  sure my Aunt never purchased from them directly.
I've also done several posts previously on Harry Beanham who, in his early motorcycling days in the 1920's toured northern Victoria and southern NSW, often on an ABC motorcycle or a Brough Superior, many times with friends.
Lets look at another small selection from the several photo albums of his I have acquired.
Harry first.....
Incidently if you've not viewed the early Harry Beanham stuff...type in his name in the search facility on the RHS of this blog.....
Left click on the images to enlarge them....








Following are the last of my Aunt's photos....
Ariel rider and others, circa1930 at Brecon...
Meet at the Swan's Nest Hotel, Stratford-on-Avon, circa 1912....
Copthorne hill climb, 1921....
Hipton hill climb Chatcombe Pitch near Cheltenham, circa 1921....
Madresfield speed trials, 1921...
New Imperial on Rosedale Abbey Bank...no date....
Redditch and District MCC rider on hill climb,likely Willersley, 1913...
Sgonina on a Sgonina special at  Margam Park, 1922....

3 comments:

daveinnola said...

in the 57 350 race that bob mac on the #9gilera and libero liberati next him and john surtees adjusting his goggles in front another great set of photos ta very much

The Velobanjogent said...

Thanks Dave, but you are referring to the previous post which were some more of Keith Bryen's photos....
See...
http://velobanjogent.blogspot.com/2011/12/keith-bryen-aussie-privateer-and.html

Anonymous said...

Hi Dennis. The name Demaus caught my attention. I have a book titled "Victorian and Edwardian Cycling and Motoring" by A.B. Demaus. Great early photos. I wonder if he is related to your source "Demaus Transport Photographics, Stagbatch Farm, Monkland, Leominster, Herts, HR6 9DA"